We serve California and provide a variety of services for CalGreen, Build It Green, Title 24, Greenpoint Rated, LEED, NGBS, and PV Solar requirements. We provide a turnkey solution that creates a totally integrated design and compliance pathway for our clients to meet California’s stringent energy code and PV Solar requirements. Our expertise and integrated process saves our clients time and money.
The state of California is the leader in energy efficient building and has adopted strict energy codes to comply with, California Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24).
We currently staff CEPE’s (Certified Energy Plans Examiner) that are certified in both Residential and Nonresidential and are members of CABEC. We can provide detailed, and all necessary Title 24 Compliance Reports needed to receive building permits and to show compliance with Title 24 energy standards. We also employ the expert PV Solar professionals to insure we provide the most cost-effective options for energy code compliance to our clients.
The 2019 California Green Building Standards Code is a code with mandatory requirements for new residential and nonresidential buildings (including buildings for retail, office, public schools, and hospitals) throughout California beginning on January 1, 2011. As of July 1, 2012, some mandatory requirements were extended to certain nonresidential additions and alterations as specified in a supplement to the code. The code is Part 11 of the California Building Standards Code in Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations and is also known as the CALGreen Code. In short, the code is established to reduce construction waste, make buildings more efficient in the use of materials and energy, and reduce environmental impact during and after construction.
Builders and design professionals are required to incorporate features within the design of buildings and site preparation to meet the new requirements. Plans and specifications need to be supplemented by documentation of conformance with the CALGreen Code. The CALGreen Code contains requirements for construction site selection, storm water control during construction, construction waste reduction, indoor water use reduction, material selection, natural resource conservation, site irrigation conservation and more.
The code provides for design options allowing the designer to determine how best to achieve compliance for a given site or building condition. The code also requires building commissioning which is a process for the verification that all building systems, like heating and cooling equipment and lighting systems are functioning at their maximum efficiency.
New construction residential type buildings of three stories and less are now also subject to PV Solar requirements to offset all electrical demand loads as California moves towards a NetZero future.
California Services Provided by US-EcoLogic
- California Green Building Standards Code Compliance
- Assistance with Section 102 conformance documentation
- CALGreen Plan Review and Comment
- CALGreen Inspections
- Building Systems Commissioning
- Mandatory Testing and Adjustments Requirements
- Energy Pro Energy Modeling, Analysis and Title 24 with CF-1R Submittal Output
- Solar Consulting and Installation
- Performance Optimization Consulting
- Title 24 Field Verification (CA HERS Rater Services):
- HERS Compliance Documentation & HERS Provider Data Registry Registration
- CF-1R Compliance Verification
- Duct Testing
- Blower Door Testing for Building Tightness
- Refrigerant Charge Testing and/or Verification of Installation of Refrigerant Charge Indicator Display (CID) or Saturation Temperature Measurement Sensors (STMS) if CID not installed
- AHU Fan Watt Draw
- High EER Verification (through component matching)
- Maximum Rated Total Cooling Capacity
- Building Envelope Sealing
- Supply Duct Location, Surface Area and R-Value
- High Quality Insulation Installation (QII)
- Quality Insulation Installation for Spray Polyurethane foam
- PV Field Verification